Friday, November 28, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving To You All

I Have had a very happy day here in the valley. I seems my favorite person is here and we had our usual turkey and the fixings at Luby's as usual. If we had been some place else we would still have made it to the local cafeteria for dinner. The food was good and the company was better. The weather even was fantastic. It was 83* upon arrival and she went from jacket, jeans and sweater to shorts, tee and sandals when she hit the door to the rv. We did have a bit of the usual wind but that's to be expected.

Since today is Friday, we went and looked at the park models and the single and double wide mobile homes here. The new ones are nice and the double wides are huge inside. The park models, homes on wheels, are small around the 399 sq ft range. About as much space as we have in the motor home. We are 8 ft 6 inches wide x 36 foot long. Our living area is less 3 inches in width and around 6 foot less in length. Add another 30 inches x 11 feet for the living room slide and 24" x 6 feet for the bedroom slide. That's all folks.

I did find out that diesel was $2.62 per gallon with gas at $1.69 per gallon. The park is about 95% full in the east rent spaces, About 60% full in the west rent space, where I'm at by the west pool, and 35% full on the north rent spaces. We did find prices for the rv spaces on the north area about $27,900 for a nice lot about 40 foot wide x 70 foot long and a concrete pad to park and patio. I say about as we did not write it down. That price includes 5 years of free golf at the course. An additional fee of $135 per month for the HOA fee of year round yard care, water, wireless internet, cable tv (cable modem availabel for about a $100 purchase) and twicw a week trach pickup. Electric is billed to the park and then sub billed to you. My rate for a 4 month rental site was $0.15 per kwh. If you lease a lease only spot the above applies and a monthly lease rate is as shown on the park website. Other sites the buy price varies.

All in all its a nice place to be but for a single person with a partner who is working and living 531 miles away, it does get lonely. I may have to pull up the jackes and head north. But I will be here through the end of the year. A monthly visit is nice and I could stay here till the end of February as paid for before heading back north.

I hope all of you had a very happy holiday as I did and be careful if you have to travel on the days to come. If your an rv family we know then email me and I will give you my phone number to call and maybe get together when your here or even there.

To my family have a happy Thanksgiving even if it is a day late.

3 comments:

Todd@Silvercrest.com said...

Park Models are very neat I agree! Sounds like a very nice Resort here I look forward to visiting it sometime.

Todd@Silvercrest.com

golferlocal22 said...

The post is valuable and noteworthy for all.

Handicap Tracker

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.