Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Lazy Days Here


I caught the cat being a "bum". Instead of working to keep the place free of unwanted guest, if we should have any, he just lays down on the job. Literally rolls over and snoozes. My kind of guy!

Our mornings have been cool as in the low to mid 40's so far with days in the low 70's, sunny and very light winds. Absolutely perfect is the best I can say. I get up around 6:30 to 7:00 am and have coffee while reading the electronic news. Sometimes I turn up the heater to warm up the house and take the chill off.

With the nice temps, golf has been a everyday event this week. Played Monday with a nice couple and then again with the hubby Tuesday morning. That afternoon was the mixed couples and our team has a lady that I call her a "golfer". She hit a drive from the front tees onto the green and we made an Eagle. That's a two under par. She drove the eightth green from about 230 yards up hill and about two yards short of the pin if the ball had rolled straight. I'm going to measure the drive with my igolf gps and see just how far it went. We ended up at -3 with a boogie on nine. We were out of the money for sure.

The winning score should have been the seven birdies and a bogie from a team that I had played with one of the men last week. He could hit the ball close to 300 yards. My best drive might get 250. All in all it was a fun day and hopefully many more yet to come. Winter her is about two weeks in Jan and them in is spring again.

No comments: