Thursday, November 6, 2008

We Have a NEW President Elect

Whether you voted for him or not, he is the next President. Wish him the best as he has a difficult job ahead.

I have a cold. It seems I slept at night with the windows open and I got cold, hence a head cold. I'm better but not over it. Last night I had no chills or sweats so the fever is behind me I hope. I'm in the wrong place to get sick. My head is better but I still have a sinus drip and cough. When I get back to being better I will get more pics to post. And I did get my hair cut, $8.00 here.

Its been mid to upper 80's with mid 60's at night. Last night was warm at 69 for a low. I have started running the back a/c unit to sleep better. Its just to muggy. The clouds are coming in for 40% rain tomorrow. With the rain is cooler temps maybe.

Gas is now at $1.79.9 due to the gas war here. Yea! If you want cheaper gas, come on down! Still don't have a diesel price to post. Stars, Sonic from where I'm from, has burgers, small fries and drink for $1.99. What a deal, that's for lunch. More later!

Well, lets add to this post. I have had further problems with the cable modem. This is the 2nd one for me and I had problems with it today. A little background. The first modem numbers matched the box it came in but when it was installed it had a 2nd set of numbers. By doing this it would never find itself and thus never work. So, it got boxed up and taken back to the office for another.

The 2nd modem installed as it should as new equipment wich the 1st modem never did. This was Saturday afternoon and into mid Sunday afternoon. The modem worked with some disconnects that I assumed to be the park system. Today around 11:30 am the modem stopped and wuld not connect at all. I did everything but install the driver again. It was a no go. Finally about 30 minutes ago I uninstalled the drivers and reconnected the modem and it installed as new equipment as it should. So far its working and hopefully it will stay that way.

I have no other way to get onto the internet as the wifi tower is still down. For "us" that would be using that tower, no wifi. That is why I have this cable modem. It was suppose to be my backup but its now my only and therfor primary access to the internet and all that I do there, including this blog and the Runescape game that I play. If this modem failes, off to the office for another and 3rd attempt.

And for lunch it was the burger deal at $2.15 including tax. What a deal!

No comments: