Friday, December 5, 2008

Baby Its Cold Outside

Oh, I used that before. Well, since we have another cold front in place I guess it's ok to use it again. The temps yesterday were in the 40's to the 60's. Today it has been in the 50's, low 50's, and is forecast to get to a balmy 58. There has to be something wrong with this picture. We are in the lower Rio Grand Valley, Its not suppose to get cold here.

I have been indoors in my PJ's yesterday and will be today, kinda. I am expecting a call to get my 2nd set of trial contacts so I will have to get clothes on for that trip. There is no golf till probably Sunday afternoon. With a low of 48 forecast for tonight, the 72 high tomorrow will be around 3 pm and with any wind it will be to chilly for this thin blooded chicken.

My guest did leave last Sunday and boarded her plane at 10:30 am. She got to stay from turkey day afternoon till Sunday morning. She arrived in jeans and left the same as the weather back in Cowtown is a bit cooler, colder than here. Sunday the temp was 83 for her arrival. It it was nice for her stay. She is planning on a new years trip if she can get the time off. I say if as the city budgets are higher priority and yet to be finished so its possible that any vacations and time off could be cancelled. She has maxed out her free over time hours of 120. All the time she is putting in now is lost and not credited for time off later. Did you ask why is she working like this? Well its called a job in this economy, a paycheck to pay the bill collector, money toward a new car, plane fare to see me, and last is her retirement for her later years or its sleeping on the street cornor. Lets don't let that happen, Work, Work, Work!

Kitty and I are just surviving here. He sleeps days while I sleep nights. He spends most of the night looking out the window for critters. I did see one this morning, a small rabbit. It was making its way back across the street to the Resoca. The what? You got to go read this blog from the beginning to know what that is and if I even spelled it right. Riscoca! Hmmmmm.

Well thats about it from here. If you want pics than go to the same time in 07 or 06 when we were here. Lots of pics there. I'm done here to play golf and thats where I spend my time. When its cool or cold like this or raining I go back the the forensic accounting I have to do, its for the lawsuit. Thats what I did yesterday, will do today and hopefully can get finished tomorrow. I call it the "funny papers".

Be sure to have some fun and be carefull if your traveling. Gas and diesel are cheap now but won't stay that way.

No comments: