Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of The Year

I did get an ear full on my last post on the other blog. Point of views from both side were expressed. I hope we all understand the feelings expressed.

So that my location is in full view, I'm in Mercedes, Texas, 78570 at the Llano Grande Lake Park and I will probably be here till the last day of February if i don't leave earlier. I posted this on the other blog and made this new blog and posted on the other blog that I would be updating this blog. Enough said.

It's simply perfect here this day and probably into next week if you go by the forecast. This is about the normal weather here and I like it. I just don't like being here by my self. I'm ready to go home but the RV can't, too cold. With water on board and in the pipes, the cost of the repairs would be unbelievable. We had to have busted pipes fixed in the early part of '06 and it was just a minor repair but is was $450 or more and took a week with the cold weather in North Texas. It's posted in the 06 blog of our travels. When this thing moves usually something breaks and the cost is at parts cost x 3 and a labor rate of $100 to $120 per hour. I am not able to do much of the work with my bad hands. The left hand now spasms and I can no longer have a grip. My right hand is about as bad but is more usable. And yes we have something broken. Not a minor fix either.

With my guest coming tomorrow I still have some work to do. Got the laundry done but need to do a bit of house work. I did go to the store yesterday and get a few things but still need some tomatoes. The next post will not be any time soon.

On the 28th came one card and one call from Shirley, thats all!

Gas here is $1.35.9 with diesel still higher. Drive safe and be careful.

No comments: