Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And its A Cold Day Again

We had some very nice weather from the last post till last Saturday. About 10:30 am the front blew in with 15-25 mph north winds and the temp went from 72 to 58 in one very short hour. Its is now Tuesday and the temps are still in the upper 40's but suppose to rise to 65. I say suppose to as its very cloudy and if we get no or little sun it will stay very cool. But its clearing from the west so maybe we will see the sun yet.

I am suppose to golf with the mixed league at 1 pm but with the current temp of 50 and no wind on the weather bug, its a bit iffy. I am thinking about sweats and two pair of pants and my wool cap if I play. Sure makes hitting the ball difficult but we will all have the same problem, too much to wear. If I go to the club house I will wait to see if my partners show to decide if I will play or not. Tomorrow is a better day.

EDIT: it turned out to be a very nice day, temps of mid 70 and sun! Lovely and so was the golf, -3 at best ball and a tie for 3rd with two at -4 for 1st and 2nd. Was in the money last week at 3rd, $4.50, cha ching!

Not much else to say. I will be alone this year for Christmas. I could drive to my daughters house which is about 6 hours and spend the 25th and then have to drive back. Don't know if I want to do that with the hands problem. After my by-pass surgery in December of 2005, my left arm had an artery removed and with that there is some pain and with in the last six months I have a "locking" of the thumb and forfinger. and a similar problem with the lower part of the hane involving the little finger. When this happens its much the same as a charlie hourse in the legs. I have a similar problem in the right hand form the surgery even though nothing was done there. I hvae been told back then that this right hand was tied down too long and there was damage to the nerve along the underside from the elbow to the hand. Not any fun when any of this occures.

Shirley will be with her family and will make her last trip on New Years day and return the following Sunday. My turn will be to hook up the SUV and drive back to Fort Worth by the end of February, 2009. That's when my "rent" is up and I either pay more or leave. Think I will leave. The weather forcast for her time here is not available yet so I'm still hoping that we have good, warm days while she is here. We will see soon.

I want to wish to my family and all of you that read or come across this blog a Merry Christmas and a save New Year. maybe some day there really will be peace on earth and good will toward all men.

No comments: